These are my links for March 3rd through March 25th:
- Numenta Releases Grok for IT Analytics on AWS | Numenta – Grok anomaly detection leverages sophisticated machine intelligence algorithms to enable new insights into critical IT systems. Grok automatically learns complex patterns and then highlights unusual behavior. As software topologies and usage patterns change, Grok continuously learns and adapts, eliminating the need for frequent resetting of thresholds. Visualization of Grok output is displayed on a constantly updated mobile device, enabling IT professionals to assess the health of their systems anytime, anywhere. Using Grok, IT operators can better prevent business downtime while reducing false positives.
Grok is the first commercial application of Numenta’s groundbreaking Cortical Learning Algorithm (CLA), biologically inspired algorithms for machine intelligence. The core CLA technology is ideal for large-scale analysis of continuously streaming datasets and excels at modeling and predicting patterns in data.
“Grok provides an early warning system to IT professionals to give them real-time insights into their system performance,” said Numenta CEO Donna Dubinsky. “Grok anticipates problems before they happen, reduces false positives, and lowers engineering costs through automated modeling and continuous learning.”
Grok features include:
Monitoring of performance and health of AWS environments or other systems
Automatic modeling to determine normal patterns
Automatic identification and ranking of unusual patterns
Continuous learning of new patterns as environments evolve – no need for manual threshold setting
Notification to user when an anomaly occurs
Output displayed graphically on an Android mobile device
Simple setup via a web-based or command-line interface
Support for AWS auto-scaling groups and logical clusters
- LMAO if you don’t logstash | by Paul Czarkowski | @pczarkowski –
- Elasticsearch.org Kibana 3.0.0 GA Is Now Available! | Blog | Elasticsearch – Today is a big day for Elasticsearch and the Kibana team. After 5 milestone releases and over 1000 commits, we’re happy to announce the release of Kibana 3.0.0 GA. Over the last year, Kibana has moved from a simple interface to search logs to a fully featured, interactive analysis and dashboard system for any type of data. Everyday, we’re incredibly inspired by the people who tell us they’ve solved major problems, optimized their existing deployments and found insights in places they never imagined.
- Apache Solr vs ElasticSearch – the Feature Smackdown! – The Feature Smackdown
- SiLK: enterprise-grade log analysis solution | LucidWorks | LucidWorks – LucidWorks Solr integration with LogStash and Kibana (SiLK) is an enterprise-grade log analysis solution that enables the ad-hoc search and analysis of billions of events and transactions across multiple applications, servers and devices.
- Advanced Web Analytics for Big Data & Hadoop – Alpine Data Labs –
- wise.io | Machine Learning as a Service & Big Data Analytics – Our state-of-the-art machine learning technology reveals hidden value in your data. Our applications integrate seamlessly into your business.
- Home | Skytree – Machine Learning on Big Data for Predictive Analytics – Machine Learning is the modern science of discovering patterns and making predictions from complex data.
- UCI Machine Learning Repository – We currently maintain 273 data sets as a service to the machine learning community. You may view all data sets through our searchable interface. Our old web site is still available, for those who prefer the old format. For a general overview of the Repository, please visit our About page. For information about citing data sets in publications, please read our citation policy. If you wish to donate a data set, please consult our donation policy. For any other questions, feel free to contact the Repository librarians. We have also set up a mirror site for the Repository.
- Log.io – Real-time log monitoring in your browser –
- doubaokun/node-ab – A command tool to test the performance of HTTP services.
- zanchin/node-http-perf – Node HTTP Server Performance Tool
- Uptime by fzaninotto – A remote monitoring application using Node.js, MongoDB, and Twitter Bootstrap.
- Cloud Foundry and Logstash – Scott Frederick’s humble blog – The Cloud Foundry Loggregator component formats logs according to the syslog standard as defined in RFC5424. The logstash cookbook includes an example configuration for syslog consumption, but that configuration follows an older RFC3164 syslog standard.
Here is a logstash configuration that works with RFC5424 output, with some additional changes for Cloud Foundry:
- Using your historical data for analytic usage –
- Using R for Educational Research: An Introductory Workshop to Break the Learning Curve – R_intro_SERA_2012.pdf –
- Welcome to a Little Book of R for Time Series! — Time Series 0.2 documentation – This is a simple introduction to time series analysis using the R statistics software.
- BestFirstRTutorial.pdf –
- Introducing R –
- Introduction to R Seminar – UCLA Institute for Digital Research and Education