These are my links for December 11th through March 3rd:
- Output to Elasticsearch in Logstash format (Kibana-friendly) – In this post you’ll see how you can take your logs with rsyslog and ship them directly to Elasticsearch (running on your own servers, or the one behind Logsene’s Elasticsearch API) in a format that plays nicely with Logstash. So you can use Kibana to search, analyze and make pretty graphs out of them.
This is especially useful when you have a lot of servers logging [a lot of data] to their syslog daemons and you want a way to search them quickly or do statistics on the logs. You can use rsyslog’s Elasticsearch output to get your logs into Elasticsearch, and Kibana to visualize them. The only challenge is to get your rsyslog configuration right, so your logs end up where Kibana is expecting them. And this is exactly what we’re doing here.
- GraphLab Notebook | GraphLab – The power of GraphLab with the ease of Python, running in the Cloud.
- Prelert Introduces Push Button Machine Learning in Anomaly Detective 3.1 – Prelert, the first vendor to package data science into downloadable applications for everyday users, today announced the release of Anomaly Detective 3.1, which introduces the ability to deploy powerful machine learning tools at the push of a button.
Anomaly Detective is a deeply integrated app for Splunk Enterprise that helps identify and resolve performance and security issues, and their causes, as they develop. It provides a solution to one of the major problems inherent in working with Big Data – gaining valuable insights from otherwise overwhelming volumes of data in real-time.
- DataLoop.io – Cloud Server Monitoring for DevOps & Operations Teams – Dataloop.IO is a new start-up in the IT Infrastructure Monitoring space, focused on building a new monitoring tool for DevOps/Operations teams that run Cloud services at scale.
Our Cloud service significantly reduces the time required to setup and deploy your monitoring. It reduces the friction of writing and deploying new monitoring scripts so your team can ensure full coverage regardless of how quickly your environment is changing.
- Predictions For 2014: Technology Monitoring | Forrester Blogs – Further development of pattern analytics to complement log-file analytics. For the last five years, log-file analytics has been a major focus area in the area of IT operational analytics. During 2014 we expect further development with pattern analytics or features that can make insights based on data in-stream or in-flight on the network.
Re-emergence of business service management (BSM) features. Increasing technology innovation is leading to greater complexity in business service architecture. This means that any features that simplify the management of complex business services become a must. Hence why we predict the re-emergence of BSM features that will be more successful than previous attempts, as these new BSM approaches will have automated discovery and mapping of technology to business services.
- Data Mining Map – An Introduction to Data Mining
- Actian Analytics Platform™ | Accelerating Big Data 2.0™ | Actian – Actian transforms big data into business value for any organization – not just the privileged few. Our next generation Actian Analytics Platform™ software delivers extreme performance, scalability, and agility on off-the-shelf hardware, overcoming key technical and economic barriers to broad adoption of big data, delivering Big Data for the Rest of Us™.
- Visual Intelligence for your web application – COSCALE – The COSCALE Application Performance Analyzer provides swift and accessible visual intelligence for your web-application through smart correlations of any application and infrastructure metric
- Qubole | Big Data as a Service – Switch your data infrastructure to auto-pilot using our award-winning, auto-scaling Hadoop cluster, built-in data connectors and an intuitive graphical editor for all things Big Da
- Altiscale Hadoop as a Service – Altiscale’s offering is ideally suited for today’s data science needs. Features for data science include permanent HDFS volumes, access to the latest tools, resource sharing without conflict, job-level monitoring and support, and pricing plans that eliminate unpleasant surprises.
- Boundary Surpasses 400% YoY Growth in Processing of Massive IT Operations Performance Analytics in the Cloud – The Boundary service is processing an average of 1.5 trillion application and infrastructure performance metrics per day on behalf of its clients and has computed occasional daily bursts of over 2 trillion metrics.
- To Log or Not to Log: Proven Best Practices for Instrumentation – Innovation Insights – To log or not to log? This is an age-old question for developers. Logging everything can be great because you have plenty of data to work from when you have a problem. But it’s not so great if you have to grep and inspect it all yourself. In my mind, developers should instead be thinking about logging the right events in the right format for the right consumer.
- IT Operations Analytics (ITOA) Landscape – Say goodbye to years of chronic IT Operations pains. IT Operations Analytics (ITOA) is here, and gaining strong momentum. You Are a Leader – Seize The Opportunity.
- Zoomdata – Next Generation Big Data Analytics
– Built for the Big Data Revolution
– Connected to the World in Real-Time
– Designed for the Touch Generation
– Fuses Data into a Single Experience
– Easy & Powerful Interface
- Enterprise Management Services Enterprise Event Management – Enterprise Event Management Trying to manage a modern IT environment without a consolidated view of operations is like trying to drive a car at 100 mph while looking at six different dashboards. The proliferation of development, build, and operations tools has made it increasingly difficult to stay in control of IT and reduce downtime. Too often, developers and administrators have been left with two unappealing alternatives: Either they have to try and write their own event consolidator or they struggle with legacy products from a different era. Boundary is the industry’s leading SaaS-based enterprise event management offering, enabling you to track and optimize your modern, rapidly changing application infrastructures. With Boundary, you can consolidate, standardize, prioritize, enrich and correlate events and notifications from hundreds of systems into a single console.
- Cubism.js – Cubism.js is a D3 plugin for visualizing time series. Use Cubism to construct better realtime dashboards, pulling data from Graphite, Cube and other sources. Cubism is available under the Apache License on GitHub.
- Charts, Graphs and Images – CodeProject –
- SharePoint Development Lab by @avishnyakov » Go Cloud – A better logging for SharePoint Online/Office365/Azure apps – It seems that cloud based products and services have a significant impact on how we design, write, debug, trace and deliver our applications. The way we think about this is not the same anymore; there might be no need to have SharePoint on-premises and SharePoint Online/O365 might be a better choice, there might be no reason to host a web application on dedicated hardware/hosting provider, but Azure could bring more benefits. All these trends cannot be simple ignored, and it is a good thing to see how new services and offerings might be used in you applications.