Links that I have found interesting for July 20th:
- Application performance management: Keeping an eye on the end-user prize – The responses reveal a divide that could prove a challenge when trying to monitor application performance management from the end-user perspective, according to Aberdeen Group. The disconnect between the two groups could leave some organizations without information critical to optimizing application performance — the end-user experience.
“The business respondents took a process-based approach to their application management while the IT respondents were more likely to focus on the operation concerns based on the application and infrastructure,” the report reads. “While both are important, this split in priorities result in each side only partially being able to understand the totality of the end-user experience.”
- Nolio – automatic, for applications – Nolio automates all key processes needed to service and manage applications across your data center, improving application uptime and quality, while streamlining operations for immediate productivity gains.
- 500 Internal Server Error – 500 Internal Server Error
- IT Outsourcing: Why You Need to Reengineer Your SLAs ( – IT Management – Services ) – How's this for an IT outsourcing metric: 90 percent of the service level agreements (SLAs) in your contract are completely meaningless to your business.
- Knoa Launches Academy of End-User Experience Management as Ground-breaking Analyst Research Highlights Need to Advance Operational Best Practice – * Sucks this is a closed community! *
The Academy will engage Knoa customers, including eight of the Fortune 50, Knoa thought-leaders and its partners to advance the art and science of end-user experience management with the goal of improving application management, end-user performance and business process execution in support of achieving business goals.
* Provide an online content repository of industry research
* Actively seek and collect operational experience and business outcomes from end-user experience practitioners to cross pollinate best practice
* Host a series of knowledge-sharing events
* Enable a virtual community of academy participants
* Coordinate and support industry research efforts
“The goal of the Knoa Academy is to provide the industry’s premier forum to advance the art and science of end-user experience and performance management to optimize business process execution in support of achieving business goals.”
- Business Service Management White Paper – Business Service Management describes the emerging discipline dedicated to the IT-enabled management of services as corporate assets. Business Service Management deals with the overall service orientation of the organisation and the provisioning and use of business services. The term business service describes an autonomous transformational capability that is offered to and consumed by external or internal customers for their benefit. This paper provides an overview of this emerging discipline.
- NOVELL: Novell Open PR » Blog Archive » Novell Business Service Manager Version 4.6 now available – The first product release to ship following Novell’s acquisition of Managed Objects is Novell Business Service Manager 4.6. Delivering on Novell’s commitment to providing the industry’s best business service management solutions this product delivers significant quality, interoperability and currency enhancements.